Happy St. Patrick’s Day! No shenanigans here this week, we’ve got economic hardships and rampant sickness. Is it a modern novel?? No, we’re back in 1845 Ireland, by way of 1990’s Under the Hawthorn Tree by Marita Conlon-McKenna.
It’s a wild journey through the Irish countryside during the famine, with the poor O’Driscoll kids. It’ll make you want to drown their sorrows in a Guinness, that’s for sure.
But it’s not all doom and gloom! Jess and Steven recount their trip to the North Texas Teen Book Festival, where Jess fan-girled HARD over some big Baby-Sitters Club connections!
Thanks for listening!
- Hey, if you’ve been enjoying our show, please share it, tweet it, tell your friends and enemies. Word of mouth is the best way podcasts grow, and we would really appreciate it!
- Rate and subscribe on Apple Podcasts and all other podcast places.
- Find us on Facebook Instagram Tumblr YouTube Pinterest at Fighting Over the Card Catalog
- and Twitter @ CardCatalogPod
- Jess on Twitter & Instagram @ jessdigress
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Music from https://filmmusic.io
“Itty Bitty 8 Bit” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Under the Hawthorn Tree by Marita Conlon-McKenna.